Thursday, January 24, 2013

"Time in Motion" Part 2














The exhibit featured designs, paintings, costumes, photographs and video footage of various endevours undertaken by the Australian ballet from it's first performance of Swan Lake in 1962. I found comparing the detail of an original design to the finished costume to be particularly interesting and I wish I could have seen more of the process in between. My favourite designs in the exhibit were by Kristian Fredrikson and Jennifer Irwin; both who use fine brush strokes to convey intense detail. 

I highly recommend anyone in Sydney who loves dance, design or just looking at really pretty costumes to spend a bit of time at this showcase. It really is worth the time plus it's free! The link at the bottom will give you more information on the exhibition. 

:) 
A. 

P.S. New outfit post tomorrow!! Get excited y'all! 




No comments:

Post a Comment