Tuesday, January 22, 2013

"Time in Motion: 50 Years of the Australian Ballet" Exhibition















Yesterday, Patrick and I visited the NSW State Library for their exhibition celebrating 50 Years of the Australian Ballet, called "Time in Motion." I won't be shy in admitting I'm one of those cliched thousands that can't escape a total love affair with the ballet aesthetic. I mean, who could resist? Aside from all the grace and delicate beauty that attracts followers by the dozens, it's just plain awesome!
I don't think I've ever mentioned on the blog before that I take dance classes. I'm not looking to be a professional or anything of the sort, but dance is one of my hobbies. I've dappled in jazz, tap and contemporary but my real love is classical ballet and I'm slowly making my way through the grades of my syllabus. So yesterday's excursion was a total treat for me and I think Pat surprised himself and enjoyed it a fair bit too :)

Because I took a few too many photos, I'm splitting this post in two. I'll post half the pictures today, and half tomorrow to give my poor internet a break. Sorry about the reflections and glares in some of the pictures, the lighting was not my friend. Click >here< for more information on the exhibit.

More soon,
A.

P.S. This 400 million year old fossil was just hanging out in a marble wall behind a fire hydrant in the state library. I classify that pretty darn random!






1 comment:

  1. Nature tours and town tours ar a good portal to Australia if you've got ne'er been there before. It's not possible to check and do even a fraction of all that is offered in a very week or 2, however you'll be able to guarantee action-packed, stress-free days by transcription associate degree all-embracing along with your factor.
    Thanks;
    ballet classes in orange county

    ReplyDelete