Monday, November 26, 2012

India















 






















It's been a pretty hectic weekend at my house with the arrival of my grandparents from India who will be staying for three months. So I thought I'd finally get around to posting that India series that I promised so long ago. These are just a few photos from my summer holiday there last year with my best friend, Liz and my family. We visited a lot of ancient ruins, old temples, palaces and tombs from South to the North, winding our way right up to the snowy foothills of the Himalayas. The thing that struck me most about being in India (apart from the total culture shock) is the insane colour splashed just about everywhere. Designs running all over palace walls and intricate symbols just bursting with the most brilliant hues. I wouldn't mind one bit if some of those patterns were to be made up into a printed dress or 3 (as long as we're being honest, I mean 5). The country and the people are just beautiful and so very hospitable. I hope to return someday but after I've knocked a few more destinations off my "must travel" list. 

I'm sorry for the image overload in this post, I tried my best to be selective about which photos to use. Apart from Liz and I, all the people in these pictures are complete strangers who were lovely enough to let me take their photo. 

More soon, stay safe :)
~A

No comments:

Post a Comment